The start of the Open Beta Test in North America on April 19 marks the first time players will be able to create and play characters that will persist through to launch and beyond. Pre-order players will be able to reserve their preferred character name and enjoy early access to the Open Beta Test servers a day before the rest of the world experiences TERA. This event will use a new build of TERA requiring a 4.3 GB patch. Check out our New Launch Features page for what’s coming to TERA in this build! Looking for more details on events like Early Character Creation or Head Start? Visit our Launch Schedule page to see TERA‘s path to May 1!
How to Enter TERA’s Open Beta Test
Have you pre-ordered TERA and played during a Closed Beta Test? Simply run your launcher to patch the game and you’ll be ready to play on April 19! Did you play during a Closed Beta Test but haven’t pre-ordered TERA yet? Run your launcher to patch the game and you’ll be able to play on April 20. Will the Open Beta Test be your first time playing the game? Welcome to TERA! Here’s how to get started:
- Log in to your En Masse account. If you do not have an En Masse account yet, create one!
- Click the Enter Code button on the right.
- Enter the Open Beta Test code: TERABETA
- Click the Submit button.
- Click the Download Game button under the Account Overview tab.
- This will start downloading the game launcher.
- Run the launcher and install the game so you’ll be ready to go when the servers open!
Pre-Order Exclusive Event
- Begins: Thursday, April 19 at 12:00 PM Pacific
- Ends: Friday, April 20 at 12:00 PM Pacific
- Begins: Friday, April 20 at 12:00 PM Pacific
- Ends: Monday, April 23 at 11:59 PM Pacific
- Characters per Account: 1 per Server
- Maximum Level: 32
- Servers: Pending Early Character Creation
Source: Official Site